|Sunscreens I'm currently using.|
When it comes to sunscreen there's two basic types: physical and chemical. In a nutshell, physical sunscreens physically block the rays of the sun, and chemical sunscreens absorb. One thing that people often forget with sunscreen (myself included) is that you should apply it 15 minutes before you go out in the sun.
Here's what I prefer in sunscreen:
While I would love to go all natural all the time with something as important as sunscreen, that's not always practical. I try to steer clear of parabens and the active sunscreen ingredient, oxybenzone, whenever possible. Natural and physical sunscreens can often feel heavy or leave a white cast and be a bit difficult to rub in. Every now and then you can find a physical sunscreen that's easy to use. Regardless, I like to use at least an SPF 30.
OZ Naturals Anti-Aging Solar Shield SPF 30 Sunscreen*
- All Natural
- Rubs in and dries quickly
- Only a slight scent, but no fragrance is listed in the ingredients
- Doesn't feel heavy
- Doesn't leave a white cast
- Doesn't become white and runny when you sweat - That's happened to me before, and I was not happy!
|Oz Naturals Sunscreen Ingredients & Information|
Banana Boat Kids Tear Free Sting Free SPF 50
- Fragrance Free
- Rubs in easily and dries quickly
- Skin feels moisturized without feeling heavy
- Doesn't become white and runny when you sweat
|Ingredients Images From Amazon.com|
Banana Boat Ultramist Sport Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 50+
- Clear spray
- Light feel
- Has a slight scent, but not a sunscreen or floral smell
- Doesn't sweat off easily
Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Clear Mist Spray Sunscreen SPF 30
- Clear spray
- Moisturizing feel (similar to the lotion sprays)
- Tropical fragrance (sweet floral)
Hawaiin Tropic Island Sport Ultra Light Sunscreen Spray SPF 30
- Very similar to the Silk Hydration Clear Mist Spray above.
- Lighter feel
- Same tropical scent, but a little lighter
As you can see, I am obsessed with sunscreen, and I use it daily. I like having a variety of lotions and sprays to suit my needs, and I go through so much of it. So, I must ask -- Do you have a favorite sunscreen? What are you using right now? I'll run out of all this soon, so let me know what to use next!
Let's be friends!
Snap at me on Snapchat! singformakeup